Friday, November 19, 2010

Chakra Yoga

I tried yoga for the first time this week and it made me realize that I should probably continue to attend the class to improve my flexibility. It was thankfully a yoga-101 class so I felt less intimidated.

The topic of the day was Chakras and their corresponding yoga poses. Interesting, but maybe a bit 'out there' for me. Who knows, I may get in to it eventually or merely enjoy the poses and relaxation!?

The relaxation actually felt really nice. When was the last time you just laid on the floor for 7 minutes focusing on how your body felt? I don't think I've ever done that.

Although I may have to agree with Terri Guillements who said "I tried yoga once but took off for the mall halfway through class, as I had a sudden craving for a soft pretzel and world peace", I may learn to appreciate it for what it's meant to be. So, yoga-101, watch out! I may be back next week and may even become your friend one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment